Microsemi’s SP6LI extremely low inductance silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFET power modules feature phase leg topology ranking from 1200 volts (V), 210 amperes (A) to 586 A at a case temperature (Tc) of 80 degrees Celsius to 1700 V, 207 A at Tc of 80 degrees Celsius. Offering higher power density and a compact form factor, the new package enables lower quantity of modules in parallel to achieve complete systems, helping customers to further downsize their equipment.
- Extremely low RDS(on) – down to 2.1 mΩ per switch
- Optimized layout for multi-SiC MOSFET and diode chips assembly in phase leg topology
- Symmetrical design to accept up to 12 SiC MOSFET chips in parallel per switch
- All die in parallel with their own gate series resistor for homogenous current balancing
- High current capability up to 600 A at very fast switching frequency; and
- Optional mix of assembly materials to better address different markets and applications.