Wolfspeed extends its leadership in SiC technology by introducing the industry’s lowest Rds(on) SiC MOSFET at 1200V in a discrete package.
The 3rd generation planar MOSFET technology includes a rugged intrinsic body diode which allows for 3rd quadrant operation without the need for an additional external diode. Wolfspeed has designed 3rd generation MOSFETs with increased CGS/CGD ratio for better hard-switching performance. Soft-switching applications can also benefit from the more linear COSS behavior. Designers can reduce component-count by moving from silicon-based, three-level topologies to simpler two-level topologies made possible by the improved switching performance.
Key features include:
- Industry-leading 16mΩ RDS(on)
- Minimum of 1200V Vbr across entire operating temperature range
- High-speed switching with low output capacitance
- High blocking voltage with low RDS(on)
- Fast intrinsic diode with low reverse recovery (Qrr)
- Easy to parallel and simple to drive