Note: Reference Design – Documentation Only
This GaN based 100W charger reference design provides a turn-key solution for the “100W, Multiple-ports” growing demand of consumer electronics industry. It displays outstanding performance, and best-in-class features of ultra-high-power density, high efficiency, and low surface temperature. This reference design is based on GaN Systems GaN transistors GS-065-011-1-L. The combined advantages of these transistors of low gate charge, low parasitic capacitor, and low on-state resistor lead to a more efficient system, demonstrating the benefits of GaN technology and meeting high power density without sacrificing the efficiency and thermal performance.
Description and Specifications
- Input: 90-264V, 50/60Hz
- Output: maximum of 100W, 5V3A / 9V3A / 12V3A / 15V3A / 20V5A
- Case Dimension: (2.4inch x 2.4incg x 1.1 inch)
- Flexible and smart power distribution
- Dual USB-C ports to support universal USB-C protocols and flexible plug-in end devices
- Supports most PD protocols including PD3.0/PD2.0, PPS, QC4.0+/QC4.0/QC3.0/QC2.0, AFC, FCP, SCP, PE2.0/PE1.1, SFCP, Low voltage direct charging and BC1.2 DCP
- Three main power conversion stages topology : Low Cost CrM PFC – QR synchronous Flyback – and Buck DC/DC converters.
- Foldable input prong
- Ultra-high-cased power density: > 16W/in3 (100cc)
- Peak efficiency > 92.5%
- Average efficiency exceeds CoC Ver5 2019/1782 standard requirement
- Standby power exceeds the CoC Ver5 2019/1782 standard requirement with < 200mW. EMI standard: Pass EN55032 Class B with >6dB margin
- Thermal: Meets the IEC 62368-1 touch temperature requirement
- With the CrM PFC stage, it achieves high power factor and meets the IEC 61000-3-2 total harmonic distortion standard
- Clean waveforms with comprehensive system protections, such as OVP, OCP, SCP and open loop.